Last Updated January 5th, 2019
Personal data is any information about you by which you are identified or could be identified. This can include information such as:
- Your name, date of birth, email address, billing address, phone number, mobile number;
- Information about your device (such as the IP address, which is a numerical code to identify your device that can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based); and
- Information relating to your personal circumstances and how you use our site and our apps.
Who we are and how to contact us
The data controller for our site and our apps is Lovfinity.com located at 3635 Danforth Pl, Tampa, FL 33607. This means that we are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use your personal data.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Collecting and using your personal data
We collect personal data about you when you sign up for our Lovfinity and when you browse our site or when you use our apps. This information is used to provide the Lovfinity and analyze how visitors use our site or apps.
The personal data we collect when you register with Lovfinity
We collect personal data when you:
- Register for a Lovfinity account;
- Provide information about yourself in your Lovfinity profile;
- Access our site and apps, through cookies and other similar technology; and
- Contact our customer service team.
The personal data we collect from you when you register as a member and why we use this information
When you register to become a Lovfinity member we collect:
- Your email address;
- Your location;
- Your date of birth; and
- Your profile picture if you choose to provide a picture.
You can also add pictures to your gallery. You can add any pictures from your Facebook account; you will be redirected to your Facebook account for this.
Third-Party Social Networking Sites
When you have enabled the use of our Services through a third-party social networking or similar site or mobile or other application (a “Social Networking Site”) or connect or link our Services to a Social Networking Site, such as Facebook and other social media sites, you permit Lovfinity to access and use certain information about you that is made available to Lovfinity through or from that Social Networking Site. The information obtained by Lovfinity varies by Social Networking Site and may be affected by the permission and privacy settings you establish at that Social Networking Site, but can include information such as your name, profile picture, public Facebook profile, network, gender, username, user ID, age range or birthday, place of work, relationship interests, language, location, country, interests, photos, photos you are tagged in, videos, contacts list, friends lists or followers and other information such as information about Facebook friends you might share in common with other members of the Services. By using or linking our Services through or with a Social Networking Site, you are authorizing Lovfinity to collect, store, retain and use, in accordance with this Policy, any and all of your information that Lovfinity has obtained from the Social Networking Site, including to create a Lovfinity profile page and account for you. Please note that we never post anything to any linked social networking site. Your agreement to the foregoing takes place when you “accept” or “allow” or “go to” (or other similar terms, such as tapping “Okay”) our application from a Social Networking Site, go to a Social Networking Site from the Services, when you sign up or login to the Services through a Social Networking Site (such as by tapping “Sign up with Facebook” or “Log in with Facebook” on the Services), when you otherwise connect or link your Social Networking Site to our Services, or the transfer of information to Lovfinity from such site. You acknowledge and agree that Lovfinity is not responsible for, and has no control over, any applicable privacy settings on any Social Networking Sites (including any settings related to any messages or advertisements about Lovfinity that the Social Networking Site may send to you or your friends).
Using our apps
The Lovfinity apps use information on the content you have viewed and the actions you have taken. The pictures that you have viewed are temporarily cached in the local storage on your mobile device.
Information on what you have viewed in the apps, actions you have taken and information on bugs and crashes are also sent to us. You can choose to receive notifications on your mobile device via the apps. You can manage these notifications in the settings of the apps.
Who can see your Lovfinity profile pictures?
If you choose to add a profile picture, this will be displayed to anyone who views your profile page or sees you on a search results page.
A member of the Lovfinity team will check all photos uploaded before they are shown on the Lovfinity, in line with our photo guidelines restrictions.
Who can see your Lovfinity profile information?
We show pictures of Lovfinity members on the front page of the Lovfinity site, in promotions such as on the front page of Lovfinity.com, and in other marketing on other websites or social media platforms. We will only use your photo or profile information for promotional purposes if you agree.
Updating your personal data and your Lovfinity profile page
You may access and update your personal data by logging into your account and going to the “Your account” and “Edit profile” sections. You must make sure that you update your information as soon as possible with all relevant changes. In the “Your account” section you may also update your marketing and communications preferences.
Additional information we collect when you use our site or our apps
We collect additional information about you when you use our site or our apps. This includes the following:
- Your customer service history, including your correspondence with us.
- Your IP address - a numerical code to identify your device and which can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based;
- Your browsing history of the content you have visited on our site, including information on how you were referred to our site via another website; and
- Details of your devices, for example, the unique device ID, unique advertising ID and browsers used to access our content.
Why we use your personal data?
We use the personal data collected through our sites and apps for a number of purposes, including the following:
- To provide the Lovfinity you sign up for, for example, sending service emails, informing the algorithm used to find you the best matches with regard to your location and other preferences, and related internal administrative purposes (such as those we need for our accounting and records) and to make you aware of any changes to our services;
- Sending you marketing communications when we have your permission, or when permitted by law;
- To improve our marketing, we use similar technology to cookies to confirm whether you have opened a marketing email or clicked on a link in the email;
- From time to time we may request to use your personal data, as part of a promotional or advertising feature. We will only do this with your consent and you can change your mind at any time in your “Your account” preferences;
- Personalizing our services for you (for example, so you can log in), remembering your settings, recognizing you when you log into your account on different devices and tailoring your emails based on the information provided on your Lovfinity profile;
- For statistical purposes, such as analyzing the performance of our site and apps and to understand how visitors use them;
- To respond to your queries and resolve complaints;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Access permissions that we ask from users of the Lovfinity apps
When you use the Lovfinity apps, we will also ask for the following permissions to access particular functions of your mobile device:
- We ask for permission to use your location so that we can show you matches nearby;
- We ask for permission to access your camera and photo library so that you can add your own pictures for your profiles gallery; and
- We ask for permission to send you notifications, for example, if someone has sent you a message to your Lovfinity inbox.
Legal grounds for using your personal data
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you):
For example, where you have purchased a subscription from us and we need to use your contact details in order to process your order and deliver your subscription.
For example, where you have provided your consent to receive marketing emails from us. You can withdraw your marketing consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or through your email preferences on your profile tab, when you are logged into your account. We also rely on your consent for using your profile picture and profile for promotional purposes. You can withdraw your consent at any time in “Your account” preferences.
Our legitimate interests:
Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate our site efficiently for the provision of our services. For example, we will rely on our legitimate interest when we carry out marketing analysis to understand our customers to determine what marketing communications may be relevant to them. It is also in our legitimate interest to analyze what content has been viewed on our site and apps so that we can understand how they are used.
Compliance with law:
In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
Using children’s information
Lovfinity is not intended for, and should not be used by, anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information about anyone under the age of 18. If you become aware that personal information about a person under 18 has been provided to us, please immediately contact us at email@example.com
Security of your personal data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorized processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. You are responsible for choosing a secure password when we ask you to set up a password to access parts of our site or apps. You should keep this password confidential and you should choose a password that you do not use on any other site. You should not share your password with anyone else, including anyone who works for us.
Unfortunately, sending information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit and so you provide it at your own risk.
Who we share your data with
We will never share your email address with another Lovfinity member.
We do not share your personal data with other people or companies that are not directly linked to us except under the following circumstances:
- We use other service providers who provide elements of the Lovfinity on our behalf such as hosting the platform, dealing with online payments and other forms of payment processing credit card transactions and preventing fraud. When you access Lovfinity through our apps and become a subscriber, you will be redirected to iTunes to process your subscription payments. Your iTunes password is not shared with us. When you subscribe through the website, you will be redirected to another secure (third party) site to complete the transaction. We do not receive your full payment details from these third parties when they send us a confirmation that your payment has been made.
- We may reveal your personal data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other organization if we believe we need to do so to keep to a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of anyone else.
Any organizations that access your personal data in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure they protect your personal data and keep to all privacy laws that apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards.
We will not share your personal data with anyone else for their own marketing purposes unless we have your permission to do this.
Keeping your personal data
We keep your data for only as long as we need to. How long we need your personal data depends on what we are using it for. For example, we may need it to use it to answer your queries about our services or where required by law. If you decide to take a break from Lovfinity and “hide” your profile, we will not show your profile on the Lovfinity and you will not appear in anyone's search results or emails of suggested matches.
We recommend you hide your profile if you are not using Lovfinity any more. If you change your mind in the future, you can return to your profile any time within two years and “unhide” your profile without losing any of your information.
If you do not return to your Lovfinity profile within two years or if there is a lack of activity on your profile within those two years, we may decide to delete your personal data or make it anonymous by removing all your details.
If we have asked for your permission to process your personal data and we have no other lawful grounds to continue with that processing, and you withdraw your permission, we will delete your personal data. However, when you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we will keep your email address to ensure that we do not send you any marketing communications in the future.
How we may contact you
By registering for our Services, we may send you emails we think may interest you, for example, new offers and updates on the Lovfinity. You can “unsubscribe” from Lovfinity emails at any time by clicking a link at the bottom of the email. If we have your permission, we may also send you app notifications we think may interest you. If you do not want to receive app notifications from us you can adjust your Lovfinity notification settings in the app or on your device. If you consent to receive SMS or MMS text messages, we may communicate with you via text.
From time to time we may send you service emails, for example, telling you that your subscription is coming to an end or sending you a payment confirmation.
The Lovfinity service includes update emails and app notifications, including information on your matches, new likes, and messages. If you do not want to receive app notifications from us you can adjust your Lovfinity notification settings in the app or on your device.
Cookies and similar technology
When you visit our site, we may also collect information from you automatically by using cookies or similar technologies (“cookies”). A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may set on your device and that transfers information to your device.
Other organizations may also set their own cookies on our site. Because of how cookies work, our website cannot access these cookies, nor can the other organization access the data in cookies we use on our site.
We use the following types of cookies on this site:
Essential - These cookies are essential for the operation of our site. This includes cookies that we use so that you can stay logged into your account. If you set your browser to block these cookies, some parts of our site will not work.
Performance - These cookies are used to count how often you visit our site and understand how you use our site. We use this information to measure the performance of our site, which allows us to get a better sense of how our users engage with our service and to improve our site and apps so that users have better experiences. For example, we collect information about which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users. We use Google analytics on our site to report site usage.
Functionality - These cookies are used to recognize you and remember your preferences or settings when you return to our site so that we can provide a more personalized experience for you. Third parties also set some of these cookies. For example,
- These cookies allow you to share Lovfinity blog posts that you like on other social media platforms.
- This may also collect information about your visit to our site and use this to show you more relevant advertising on other sites.
Advertising - These cookies are used to collect information about your visit to our site, the content you have viewed, the links you have followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We use this information to show you more relevant advertising on our other sites (this includes Lovfinity.com). We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose (you may then also see more relevant advertisements on other websites) or we may allow third parties to use their advertising cookies on our sites. We also use a cookie that collects data for our data management platform. This allows us to create groups of people with similar interests to make advertising shown on Lovfinity.com more relevant. Please click here to opt out.
The Lovfinity apps integrate third-party software, which gives us information about how the apps are used and what content you have viewed for the purposes of analytics and advertising, in a way similar to the Lovfinity site.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
Other Users - Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For instance, we may collect information about you from other users if they contact us about you.
Social Media - You may be able to use your social media login (such as Facebook Login) to create and log into your Lovfinity account. This saves you from having to remember yet another user name and password and allows you to share some information from your social media account with us.
Other Partners - We may receive info about you from our partners, for instance where Lovfinity ads are published on a partner’s websites and platforms (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign’s success).
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
Usage Information - We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks, and pages which have been shown to you, referring web page address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
Device information - We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- Hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple's IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- Information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength;
- Information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, and compasses.
Other information with your consent
If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geo-location (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you’re using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geo-location may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geo-location, we will not collect it.
How you can manage cookies and similar technology
You can manage how cookies are used. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
You can usually find these settings in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, or you can use the “Help” option in your browser.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer - Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
You can switch some cookies off through the Your Online Choices site. You may need to do this again each time you use a different IP address or device.
TRANSFER AND SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We do not compromise with your privacy
We design all of our products and services with your privacy in mind. We involve experts from various fields, including legal, security, engineering, product design, and others to make sure that no decision is taken without respect for your privacy. We appreciate that you put your trust in us when you provide us with your information and we do not take this lightly.